Fermentation for Special Small Molecules
Different from conventional synthetic small molecules, the small molecules obtained through fermentation, produced in the culture of living cells, are usually more bioactive and cost-effective. The development of fermented chemicals could better meet the research needs in various fields, including pharmaceuticals, food, cosmetics, animal feed, and material science.
One of BOC Sciences' focus is the expression of small molecules via fermentation. We have been exploring systems that allow the expression of small molecules that were previously only accessible via chemical synthesis.
- We offer extraction and analysis services of the fermentation products of a primitive strain.
- According to the target small molecule provided by customers, we have the ability to optimize the selection of strains and design the experiment scheme.
- We specialize in combining synthetic chemistry with fermentation and have successfully developed many chiral APIs and intermediates.
- We provide a one-stop fermentation, analysis and purification service for your target small molecules.
- Our Strain Technology includes Genetic engineering directed breeding, Physicochemical factors induced breeding, High throughput Screening technique, Protoplast fusion, Space breeding technology and Strain preservation and identification.
- Capable of effectively improving bacteria, actinomycetes, mold, yeast, etc., and ability to transform primitive strain into industrializable strain.
- Development of hybrid microbial active substances with genetic engineering technology and combined biotransformation technology.
- Extensive Experience
With more than 20 years of experience in the aspect of traditional strain breeding and fermentation production.
- Identification Capability
Microbial morphology and physiology
DNA base composition analysis (G+C mol%)
rDNA homology analysis (16S rDNA, 26S rDNA D1/D2, 5.8S rDNA ITS region sequence analysis)
DNA based strain typing (RFLP, Whole genome sequencing, PCR-based DNA fingerprinting etc.)
- Comprehensive Analytical Capabilities
Fully characterize the product with the physical and chemical properties
Development, optimization, qualification, and validation of test methods
Compound characterization: GC-MS, LC-MS, NMR, XRD, etc.
Lot release testing: HPLC, UPLC, IR, UV, etc.
Preservation MethodsRegular transplantation method
Sand pipe method
Liquid paraffin method
Freeze vacuum drying method
Ultra-low temperature freezing method
Liquid nitrogen ultra-low temperature freezing method, etc.
Fermentation synthesis process of target small moleculesCustomer advisory
Project discussion, fermentation formulation (customers can provide fermentation strains)
Strain development and improvement
Lab-scale fermentation, fermentation and purification parameters optimization
Target small molecule extraction and purification