Fermentation Purification Service
As a leading CDMO, BOC Sciences specializes in fermentation-related projects. The desired products are frequently mixed with a complex mixture during fermentation and have very low concentrations. We provide fermentation purification service to help our global partners advance their fermentation projects.
The Techniques in Fermentation Purification
- Chromatography: Compounds are separated via chromatography according to their special qualities, such as size, charge, or affinities to particular molecules. Affinity chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, and ion exchange chromatography are some of the methods.
- Ultrafiltration: Certain molecules are removed from the fermentation broth based on their size after being passed through a membrane.
- Precipitation: This can be accomplished by methods like salting out, in which the addition of salts causes the products to precipitate out of solution, or by adding additional compounds that interact only with the desired products.
Why Fermentation Purification
Using a variety of highly specialized separation techniques, including chromatography, ultrafiltration, and precipitation, the major goal of fermentation purification is to successfully separate and isolate the desired products from these extremely complex mixtures.
- Greater purity
- Free of impurities
- Large scale
The General Steps of Fermentation Purification
Depending on the specific product and purification techniques employed, the steps involved in fermentation purification can be complex and multifaceted. In general, however, the general steps of fermentation purification including:
What Molecules Benefit from Fermentation Purification Services?
Fermentation purification services can be utilized to purify a wide variety of molecules produced through fermentation. Some of the molecules that can benefit from this process include:
- Proteins: e.g. insulin, growth hormone, and antibodies
- Organic acids: e.g. citric acid, lactic acid, and acetic acid
- Polysaccharides: e.g. xanthan gum and alginate
The Development of Fermentation Purification Processes
- Characterization of the desired products
- Selection of purification techniques
- Optimization of process parameters
- Validation of fermentation purification process
- Scale-up of fermentation purification process
- Purification process monitoring and control
Why Choose BOC Sciences' Fermentation Purification Service?
- Microporous adsorption resins and ion exchange resins with high adsorption capacity, quick exchange speed, and stable chemical properties
- Chromatography and membrane technology combined with high-efficiency green separation technology
- Design and implementation of complex product separation and purification process
- Preparation of standard of compound and the related impurities
- Equiped with centrifuge, membrane system, chromatography, drying (spray & freeze-drying)
- Fermentation CDMO Service
- Fermentation Process Optimization
- Strain Development Service
- Fermentation for Special Small Molecules
- Fermentation Products
- Fermentation in Pharmaceuticals
Fermentation in Human Nutrition
- Cellular Agriculture and Fermentation
- Fermentation for Alternative Proteins
- Fermentation for Amino Acids
- Fermentation for Cultivated Meat
- Fermentation for Dairy Alternatives
- Fermentation for Dietary Supplements
- Fermentation for Flavors
- Fermentation for Living Probiotics
- Fermentation for Natural Hydrocolloids
- Fermentation for Polyols
- Fermentation for Sweeteners
- Fermentation for Vitamins
- Fermentation in Animal Health
- Fermentation in Agriculture
- Fermentation in Industry
- GRAS Services
- Capabilities & Facilities
- Environment, Health & Safety
- Microbial Metabolomics