Genetic Recombination Service
BOC Sciences offers genetic recombination service to improve strain development, meeting the needs of our customers to obtain ideal strains. With our rich experience and advanced technology in genetic recombination, we are able to improve the metabolite production of industrial importance. Combining the gene recombination technology with other molecule biology engineering, we maximized the accuracy of genes responsible for metabolites overproduction and helped strain improvement.
Gene sequences in the genome control the metabolic regulation of microorganisms. In order to improve the microbial strains or to produce excess desired metabolites, genes from the metabolic pathways need to be altered, and recombination technique is considered an effective method. Genetic recombination is the rearrangement of genetic material by breaking and rejoining between different DNA sequences. Recombinant DNA molecules containing genes from multiple sources can be produced using genetic recombination methods. The DNA sequences served to construct recombinant genes can be from any species. For example, plant DNA can be joined to bacterial DNA. In addition, synthetic chemistry can be adapted to produce DNA sequences that do not exist in nature or to create any sequences. Moreover, this particular sequence can then be inserted into an extensive range of organisms for further experimental uses.
Application of Genetic Recombination
In order to achieve the required production capacity, different engineering techniques are used to improve strains in industrial applications. Among various engineering techniques, genetic engineering is considered the most significant and frequently used. Genetic recombination can be used to create microbial strains with different genotypes, and these recombinant DNA molecules are involved in the construction of genomic libraries. In addition, the production of specific proteins can be achieved by manipulating gene expression in the organism through transcription and translation of recombinant DNA. In general, recombinant technology is an important tool to create genetically modified organisms. Genes from various organisms can be inserted into microorganisms for storage and modification to produce transgenic microorganisms, which are then selected for improved strains.
- Effectively improved various strain types covering the bacterial and eukaryotic systems, including bacteria, actinomycetes, mold, yeast, etc.
- Over 20 years of experience in the traditional strain breeding aspect.
- Combined different omics approaches such as transcriptomics and proteomics with recombinant DNA technology.
- Advanced strain culture technology.
- Optimized medium selection, biomass control and product induction.
- Our improved strains reserved the characteristics of rapid growth, genetic stability, reduced cultivation cost, etc.
- Cost-effective and high-quality products.
Adapting molecular biology methods, such as gene recombination and high-throughput screening, we have been successfully developed a variety of strains for our customers and helped them transform primitive strains into industrialized strains.
- Molecular Cloning: this molecular biology method is used to create recombinant DNA molecules and direct their replication within host organisms.
- Vector in Molecular Cloning: a DNA molecule used as a vehicle to artificially carry foreign genetic material into another cell. There are various types of vectors, such as plasmids, cosmids, phages,etc.
Site-specific recombination is a type of gene recombination in which DNA strand exchange takes place between segments possessing a certain degree of sequence homology.
- Genomic Library Construction: nucleic acids molecules are extracted from cells and digested with a restriction enzyme so to create DNA fragments of specific sites and sizes. The fragments are then inserted into the vector using DNA ligase.
- Customer advisory
- Project discussion
- Strain genetic recombination service
- Selection of appropriate strains
- Evaluation of the novel strain
- Project delivery