Paracoccus Fermentation Services
BOC Sciences is able to provide Paracoccus fermentation services to our customers. As a leading CDMO, we have the expertise and experience to focus on fermentation related projects, from strain improvement, metabolic engineering, to fermentation production. We are committed to providing high quality and customized metabolites at competitive prices.
Introduction of Paracoccus Fermentation
Paracoccus are coccoid-shaped, aerobic Gram-negative bacteria with a variety of metabolic properties. Paracoccus contains diverse species isolated from a variety of environments, such as soil, air, and host organisms. Among them, Paracoccus denitrificans is considered as the model species. In recent years, there has been great interest in obtaining natural products from plants, bacteria, fungi, yeasts, and algae. Among them, Paracoccus are attractive candidates due to their promising bioactivity, which leads to their application in nutraceutical, pharmaceutical, bioremediation, and environmental protection industries. Paracoccus can produce a variety of valuable natural chemicals by fermentation, including carotenoids, astaxanthin, and some biopolymers. For example, many isolates of the genus Paracoccus (methylotrophs) are capable of biosynthesizing polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA) using C1 carbon compounds as substrates; Paracoccus can also use sugar as a substrate for microbial pigment production.
Advantages of Paracoccus Fermentation
- Growth: Paracoccus are adapted to a wide range of environments and a wide pH range. Paracoccus are able to survive using different growth modes such as aerobic respiration, anaerobic respiration, heterotrophic growth, and chemoautotrophic growth.
- Substrates: Paracoccus can use cheap and environmentally friendly fermentation substrates such as agricultural residues, lignocellulosic residues, and other waste materials for fermentation production. The use of these wastes for microbial product production by Paracoccus can provide the dual benefits of waste management and production of high value products.
- Production: Paracoccus is capable of converting a low cost carbon source into a variety of valuable products such as carotenoids, biopolymers in a short incubation time.
Applications of Paracoccus Fermentation
Paracoccus fermentation production has great potential for biomedical, agricultural and industrial applications.
- Paracoccus can act as a natural cell factory and is an important source of carotenoids. For example, astaxanthin, a ketocarotenoid, has a variety of properties such as antioxidant, antidiabetic and anticancer. Paracoccus is also a highly efficient producer of natural pigments. Microbially produced pigments are more light and temperature resistant than the more common pigments of plant origin and have medicinal properties. Fermentation of carotenoids by Paracoccus has a wide range of applications in food and feed, pharmaceuticals, and nutritional products.
- Paracoccus are the promising host strains for polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs) fermentation production. Biopolymers have several advantages and their production is not dependent on fossil fuels compared to synthetic polymers. In particular, PHAs are biodegradable, non-toxic and biocompatible, and their chemical structure can be controlled during strain culture and fermentation.
- Many Paracoccus strains have bioremediation potential and the ability to degrade a variety of environmental contaminants, including pesticides, herbicides, intermediates, plastics and some organic solvents. Thus, Paracoccus has an environmentally friendly metabolic function.
Our Services for Paracoccus Fermentation
- Paracoccus as host strain, strain improvement and selection
- Optimization of fermentation media and fermentation culture conditions
- Fermentation process development and fermentation scale-up
- Biomass processing, cell crushing, product recovery and purification
BOC Sciences' Paracoccus Fermentation
- Paracoccus fermentation production
- Complete quality management system with ISO 9001 certification
- Patented and proprietary manufacturing methods
- State-of-the-art facilities and aseptic products
- Total fermentation capacity of over 2,000,000 liters
- Fermentation CDMO Service
- Fermentation Process Optimization
- Strain Development Service
- Fermentation for Special Small Molecules
- Fermentation Products
- Fermentation in Pharmaceuticals
Fermentation in Human Nutrition
- Cellular Agriculture and Fermentation
- Fermentation for Alternative Proteins
- Fermentation for Amino Acids
- Fermentation for Cultivated Meat
- Fermentation for Dairy Alternatives
- Fermentation for Dietary Supplements
- Fermentation for Flavors
- Fermentation for Living Probiotics
- Fermentation for Natural Hydrocolloids
- Fermentation for Polyols
- Fermentation for Sweeteners
- Fermentation for Vitamins
- Fermentation in Animal Health
- Fermentation in Agriculture
- Fermentation in Industry
- GRAS Services
- Capabilities & Facilities
- Environment, Health & Safety