Rhizopus oryzae Fermentation Services
At BOC Sciences, we offer comprehensive Rhizopus oryzae fermentation services, from strain development and process optimization to production scale-up. Our state-of-the-art facilities and advanced technology allow us to provide high quality products and services to our customers, ensuring customer satisfaction.
What is Rhizopus oryzae Fermentation?
Rhizopus oryzae, abbreviated as R. oryzae, is a filamentous fungus commonly found in soil, decaying plant matter and food products. R. oryzae is a well-known organism used in industrial fermentation due to its ability to produce ethanol, lactic acid and fumaric acid in large quantities by fermentation using sugars derived from biomass. In addition, R. oryzae is used for the production of a wide range of industrial enzymes.
The R. oryzae fermentation process usually includes inoculation, strain culture, fermentation, and harvesting. R. oryzae grows in fermenters under controlled conditions, and a variety of parameters, including temperature, inoculum concentration, pH, mechanical pressure, and dissolved oxygen tension, affect its growth. By using the nutrients in the medium, R. oryzae creates a variety of metabolites. Optimization of the fermentation process is often required to maximize the yield of the desired product.
Our R. oryzae Fermentation Services
- Improvement and screening of R. oryzae strains
- Improvement of R. oryzae productivity through metabolic engineering
- Fermentation medium optimization
- Seed culture, flask culture and culture in fermenters
- Purification of desired products from fermentation cultures
Our R. oryzae fermentation services are customizable and we work closely with our customers to understand their specific requirements and deliver our products and services in a timely manner. Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist you in achieving your goals.
Advantages of R. oryzae Fermentation
- Production: R. oryzae is capable of producing enzymes, organic acids and a wide range of other metabolites. For example, semi-continuous fermentation of R. oryzae is considered a promising method for lactic acid production.
- Substrates: R. oryzae is able to grow on a wide range of carbon sources and can be adapted to the inexpensive substrates including agricultural waste products. This meets the sustainability requirements for chemical production.
- Metabolites: R. oryzae allows the production of multiple products, including enzymes, pigments, and organic acids, from a single fermentation process.
Applications of R. oryzae Fermentation
- R. oryzae is a source of various enzymes, including proteases, amylases, lipases, and cellulases. These enzymes can be used in the food industry to break down complex carbohydrates into simpler sugars; or in the pharmaceutical industry, such as lipase for the treatment of obesity.
- R. oryzae can be fermented to produce a variety of pigments, including beta-carotene, lycopene, melanin, rubropunctatin, and emodin, which are widely used in the food, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic industries.
- R. oryzae can produce various bioactive compounds, including polysaccharides, β-glucans and triterpenoids, which have potential applications in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries. For example, Mycophenolic acid produced by fermentation of R. oryzae can be used as an immunosuppressant.
- Fermentation CDMO Service
- Fermentation Process Optimization
- Strain Development Service
- Fermentation for Special Small Molecules
- Fermentation Products
- Fermentation in Pharmaceuticals
Fermentation in Human Nutrition
- Cellular Agriculture and Fermentation
- Fermentation for Alternative Proteins
- Fermentation for Amino Acids
- Fermentation for Cultivated Meat
- Fermentation for Dairy Alternatives
- Fermentation for Dietary Supplements
- Fermentation for Flavors
- Fermentation for Living Probiotics
- Fermentation for Natural Hydrocolloids
- Fermentation for Polyols
- Fermentation for Sweeteners
- Fermentation for Vitamins
- Fermentation in Animal Health
- Fermentation in Agriculture
- Fermentation in Industry
- GRAS Services
- Capabilities & Facilities
- Environment, Health & Safety